I think by now a lot of readers may be aware that I am a keen supporter of the Dhamra project. There are a few reasons for this firstly having spent a good portion of my early working life in Orrisa I have a natural loyalty to the state. The other is that we live in a complicated world and one full of disparities. The struggle for an underprivileged man to get ahead in this race is compounded with the gap between him and us.
Ours is a unique country with each state or region having a different climate, vegetation and methods of livelihood. The problems of each state and its people vary in nature. It is a proven fact that the better cities or towns are the ones with the better crops or industry. Rapid development in a state like Orrisa cannot occur without the partnership of Government and industry. I am not sure if you and I without proper knowledge of the facts can really put a spanner in their plans. There is enough evidence to prove that the port development authorities are taking enough measures for the long term protection of the Olive Ridley Turtles. So I appeal to all of you to please support-dhamra port and the people of Orrisa.
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment